about Corporate Finance announce 5 new members to join team
about Corporate Finance are pleased to announce the appointment of 2 new board members and a board advisor;
- Chris Pye, former Chairman and Executive Director of 2waytraffic NV, Advisor to Sony Pictures Television International, Head of Entertainment at the BBC and Commercial Director at Granada joins as Non-Executive Chairman
- Toby Westcott, Executive at Alchemy, Alternative Asset Management Firm, joins as Non-Executive Director
- David Wong, Serial Entrepreneur and Founder of MCM, an investment holding company, joins as Advisor to the Board
about are also pleased to announce 2 new appointments;
- Malcolm Gardner, former Chief Financial Officer of several listed media companies to head up about Preparation
- Matthew Lacey joins as an Analyst
These appointments take immediate effect and will significantly enhance the service offering, network and experience of about Corporate Finance.
Thomas Dey, Chief Executive Officer of about Corporate Finance says: “Bringing 2 extremely experienced and knowledgeable non executives and an advisor onto our Board, from a mixed background of TV production/broadcast, a founder of numerous successful businesses and a private equity specialist will enhance our international reach, contacts and business practices. Each person would have been great in their own right but with the help of all three; I am sure there will be a quantum leap in how we can help clients”.
Further we have found the perfect person to lead about Preparation. Malcolm Gardner will bring his impressive track record of hands on experience as both Chief Financial Officer of multiple businesses and a deep knowledge of the media industry to about‘s proposition. I am also very pleased to welcome Matthew Lacey to the team as an analyst. He will play a pivotal supporting role to the deal team.”
Chris Pye will join about Corporate Finance as Non-Executive Chairman. He brings over 30 years of experience in the television entertainment industry world-wide and highlights from his career include:
- Chairman and Executive Director of 2waytraffic NV
- Advisor to Sony Pictures Television International
- Head of Entertainment at the BBC
- Head of Commercial and Business Affairs at BBC Productions, where he played a crucial role in setting up BBC America
- 10 years at Granada Television, where he was responsible for programme distribution and international production
- He established and managed his own production company in Los Angeles winning Awards for “Unsolved Mysteries” and “Missing….Have You Seen This Person”.
David Wong, an entrepreneur and private equity specialist with experience, and a successful track record, in growing businesses in both the medical and multimedia sectors, brings entrepreneurial expertise and strategic direction to the about Board. Highlights from his career include;
- Founded MCM, an investment holding company, in 1992. MCM has been actively investing and successfully exiting these investments, for the last 20 years
- In the last 12 years, David and MCM have been active in China, investing, sourcing finance and providing advisory services across most sectors
- Founder and Chairman of Chinese Emergency Relief Training (CERT); a large scale emergency training organisation, based in Beijing, that is tasked by the Chinese Government to train Chinese medical staff on a national level
- Chairman of Galleon Holdings Plc, which has media and online gaming interests in China
Toby Westcott joins about as a Non-Executive Director and brings a range of corporate and financial business expertise to the Board. Highlights from Toby’s career include;
- Executive at Alchemy Partners since 2008. Alchemy Partners is a leading European Alternative Asset Management firm which manages/advises on over £1.5bn of assets.
- Hawkpoint –Corporate Finance Advisory.
Malcolm Gardner joins as Head of about Preparation, a service to help business owner’s review and prepare their company to either attract further finance or generate a successful sale. Highlights from Malcolm’s career include;
- Corporate Development Director, 2WayTraffic NV, producers of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” which was acquired for a reported £137m by Sony Pictures
- Chief Financial Officer of Television Corporation Plc, which owns Mentorn and Sunset and Vine, and was acquired by Tinopolis
- Chief Financial Officer at Chorion Plc, which has both Enid Blyton and Agatha Christie in its’ back catalogue and produces the popular kids programmes, Noddy and Mr Men
- Group Finance Director at The Peoples Phone Company (nationwide retail presence)
- Chartered Accountant with KPMG
Matthew Lacey joins the deal team as an Analyst to assist in the transaction of about‘s current deals. Matthew has a 2:1 BSc degree in Economics and Management Sciences gained at Southampton University.
These announcements follow recent news of about Corporate Finance’s continued growth in the UK and International market, having completed deals with Base Productions Inc (ten-time Emmy and ten-time IDEA Award winning US production company) and A. Smith & Co Productions (producer of Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares) in the USA and Argonon (the UK’s new super-indie) in the UK. They lead what will be a succession of new announcements as about Corporate Finance continues to grow.
NOTES TO EDITORS
about Corporate Finance
about Corporate Finance is a market leading, international, specialist advisory boutique in the Media and Entertainment sector. Its’ most recent transactions represent its’ knowledge and experience in transatlantic deals.
Recent transactions include:
- Base Productions Inc (US) joining the Tinopolis Group (UK) – a ten-time Emmy and ten-time IDEA Award winning US production company known for breaking new ground for cutting-edge reality, documentary and unscripted programming. Based in LA and Washington DC, Base is best known for ESPN’s high profile Sports Science as well as Fact or Faked, Known Universe and many more programmes
- A. Smith & Co Productions (US) joining the Tinopolis Group (UK) – one of the leading independent TV production companies in the US and producer of Gordon Ramsay’s Hell’s Kitchen and Kitchen Nightmares
- Argonon’s (UK) purchase of UK Production companies Leopard Films and Remedy Productions (UK) - the UK’s new super-indie and producer of BBC One's Cash in the Attic
- Advising Dutch based ING Bank on a realisation strategy for its investment in a media group.
- 12 Yard productions (UK) sale to ITV plc (UK) - Carnival Films (UK) sale to NBC (US)
about Corporate Finance assists individuals and businesses wishing to maximise the value of people and intellectual property-based businesses. If a business is considering selling, buying or raising finance they have the expertise and track record to find the right solution.
The company provides a seamless high quality service in the advisory arena, helping businesses achieve their strategic objectives. The company’s mission is to continue to deliver market leading deals whilst being sympathetic to client’s individual needs, tailoring each deal to make sure that both the economic terms and corporate environment are in line with client’s expectations.
Their clients range from multi-national corporates, owner managed businesses, broadcasters and networks.
About Corporate Finance’s services include:
about Corporate Finance can help project manage the sale of the business and negotiate effectively to maximise value.
about Corporate Finance have the breadth of knowledge and experience to identify the right target to secure the deal that achieves a business’s strategic objective.
about Corporate Finance can prepare financial models, business plans and strategies to unlock funds. They also interact with all the main providers of finance and know the right institutions to approach.
about Corporate Finance can assist with strategic advice that should add to the businesses eventual sale proceeds. This includes reviewing management objectives facilitating and implementing a short to long term strategic plan.
about Corporate Finance have pioneered the “Corporate Gym” – a process to assist businesses in reviewing and preparing their business to attract further finance or generate a successful sale.
about Corporate Finance have worked with most of the large banks advising on assessment, recovering estimates and execution of transactions.
about the debt
about Corporate Finance maintain close relationships with an extensive network of funding institutions including public and private companies, private equity houses and their investee companies, financial institutions and governments.
About Corporate Finance are based in London, and have International presence. For further information about their services or to arrange a meeting please contact Melissa Castelyn on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0) 207 467 9600.
For press enquiries, please contact:
Head of Marketing and PR
about Corporate Finance